Partnerships are very valuable as the collaborative process brings different stakeholders together, making it possible for them to accomplish much more than they can on their own.
A successful collaboration or partnership involves;
- Developing a shared vision
- Investing time in developing trust between the partners
- Supporting and building the capacity of the partners
- Recognising the various skills the partner may have and ensuring effective communication
- Sharing of information between partners (Nutbeam & Harris, 2009).
The Frankston Mornington Peninsula Primary Care Partnership will work in partnership with providers to:
- Improve the experience and outcomes for people who use primary care services across the Frankston Mornington Peninsula; and
- Reduce the preventable use of hospital, medical and residential services through a greater emphasis on health promotion programs and by responding to the early signs of disease and/or people’s need for support.
To be eligible for membership, all applicants must provide services within the local government area Frankston and/or Mornington Peninsula or provide services that are available and accessible to communities across Frankston Mornington Peninsula.